Dr. Ramaballav Roy
Professor of Zoology
Dr. Ramaballav Roy is a Professor at Zoology Department, Goa University Taleigao Plateau. His Research interests includes:
Adaptational biochemistry with respect to membrane structure & cellular functions, Nutritional biochemistry with respect to lipid metabolism, Role of PUFA with respect to well being state of organism, Lipidomics of fishes.
He is having 30 year of PG teaching with 34 years independent research experience.
Awards and Prizes won:
* Received INSA visiting fellowship to have an academic program at CCMB, Hyderabad in 2006.
* Visited Hungary as a Collaborative Scientist under Bilateral Exchange Program between INSA and Hungarian Academy of Science in 1995-96.
* Received Young Scientist Research Project Award of DST, Govt. of India in 1994.
* Received UNESCO fellowship for One year International Training Course in Hungary on “Selected Topics of Modern Biology” in 1987.
Contribution to Institutional/ Corporate/ Extension activities:
* Member of Departmental Council
* Member of Academic Council (1996-1998)
* Member of University Court (2006-2008)
* Member of BOS, Zoology, Goa University (1999-2002; 2009- )
* Member of Faculty Board, Life Sciences, Goa University ( 2003-2006)
* Life member of Indian Society of Comparative Animal Physiology,
* Life member of Asian Fisheries Forum.
Nutritional benefit of dietary fish oil in health management